MTB Suspension Repairs by PMB Suspension
Wonder what happens when we repair a suspension? Here is the step-by-step:
- Suspension test: check for function and damage of
- hydraulic compression and rebound
- spring function
- Teardown with inspection of all internal parts
- A quote is sent by e-mail for approval
- Once you approve the quote:
- We perform the repair
- We test the suspension to make sur the problem is fixed 100%
- We ship the suspension back to you or you pick it at the workshop
How can I send my suspension for repair?
First step is to contact us +41 76 572 25 46 / firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask you informations needed to take care of you and you product. Some problems do not require sending the suspension here, also some problems can not be fixed sometimes. We will help you to make sure sending is the right option.
- Fox suspensions: get the 4-character ID ready; fork IDs are on the back of the lower legs; shock IDs are usually on the top or the side of the shock
- Rockshox forks: get the first 4 characters of the serial number ready; Rockshox serial numbers usually start with something like 29T2 or 32T9 on the back of the shock
Is it covered under warranty?
- your warranty is still valid
- you bought the suspension from PMB Suspension directly
- the problem is coming for a design or manufacturing flaw, not normal wear and tear
If you think it should be covered under warranty but you have not bought the suspension from us, then we advise you to check with the original vendor of your suspension. In Switzerland warranties are valid for suspensions under 2 years since their purchase and with the right level of service. Warranties are non-transferrable: if you are not the original buyer then warranty is void.
What is the average turnaround time?
For repairs with parts in stock at PMB: 1 to 5 days
For repairs with parts available from the manufacturer with no delay: 2 to 5 days
For repairs with parts not available: depends on the delay
Route de Chatel-St-Denis 38
Customers are responsible for inbound and outbound shipping. We ship back with tracking.
Should I get a repair or buy a new suspension?
Most repairs cost between ~10 and ~30% of the cost of a new suspension:
- Damper top cap replacement (Charger, FIT4..)
- Air spring top cap replacement
- Shock body replacement
- Shock shaft replacement
- Shock air can replacement
- Fork Lower Legs replacement
- Fork damper replacement (mid level)
- Fork CSU replacement
- Fork damper replacement (high end)
Most Fox and Rockshox forks used in Switzerland cost between 700 and 1600 CHF new. If a repair is not worth it compared to buying new, we will tell you.
How do you make sure a repair is safe?
We follow manufacturer's guidelines and use factory parts as much as possible. Third party parts are used sometimes after thorough testing and if there is no other alternative.
What if I do not approve an estimate?
Any denied estimate will be subject to a 150 CHF diagnostic fee.
When am I charged?
We will e-mail you an invoice when the repair is completed. Payment can be done online or on our bank account directly.
Is there a warranty on repair?
3 months on the repair itself. Factory warranty on the parts.
ABOUT PMB SUSPENSION
PMB Suspension started professional suspensions service in Switzerland in 2012. All services are done in agreement with related brands. PMB Suspension is ran by Luc Byhet, Cytech Master Technician Level 4, part of the Öhlins team on World Cup stages in Switzerland since 2018. PMB Suspension is based in south-west Switzerland.